Social Skills Counseling Boca Raton
Social skills training provides guidance and tools to improve all types of interpersonal relationships — for children, adolescents and adults.
Who will benefit from social skills training?
- Those who never learned basic interpersonal skills, such as eye contact or reading other people’s “signals” (feelings, needs and subtle behaviors)
- People who are shy or introverted
- Individuals with social anxiety or social phobia
- People recovering from addictions or mood disorders, such as depression
- Others who may have interpersonal challenges as a result of disorders such as ADD, ADHD, autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
What are the methods and goals of social skills training?
- Teaching basic “rules” of social behavior in different settings (work, school, parties, etc.)
- Communication skills and methods
- Role playing to practice social skills
- Assertiveness training
- Specific social skills for dating, interviewing for jobs, and public speaking
The psychologists and therapists at the Relationship Center of South Florida have many years of training and experience in social skills training for individuals and groups. We personalize our approach to each individual with a careful assessment, and we consult with each person to develop a specific plan of education, training for effective social and interpersonal skills.